Sage 200 Commercials is a module that exists as part of the Sage 200 accounting suite. It is available for both cloud and on-premise versions of Sage 200, and has been designed to help businesses manage stock and all other aspects of the supply chain. Within Sage 200 Commercials, the core elements are:
- Sales Order Processing (SOP)
- Purchase Order Processing (POP)
- Price Book
- Advanced Stock Management
Data within Sage 200 Commercials links back to the Sage Financials module. This means businesses have an accurate, up-to-date view of their financial data. As one of the most powerful Sage modules, organisations are increasingly turning to Sage 200 Commercials for greater control and accuracy over their finances.
Sage 200 Sales Order Processing Features
Within Sage 200 Commercials, the sales order processing element is designed to allow users to raise quotes, check inventory levels, ensure items are dispatched and generate invoices. Some of its key features include:
- Rapid order entry: Orders can be processed with a few simple keystrokes. This helps keep admin time to a minimum.
- Stock and sales: SOP allows users to manage pricing and credit control with complete efficiency. When orders are added, customer balances, inventory levels and VAT amounts are all adjusted automatically.
- Customer account creation made easy: Every sales team knows that customer account creation (particularly when generating quotes) can be laborious. Thankfully, the sales order processing within Sage 200 Commercials features a wide variety of templates, which makes customer record generation easy as can be.
- Complex pricing management: Simple and complex customer pricing requirements can be managed seamlessly. When applying discounts to one or more customers, you’ll still be in control with a clear idea of your profit margins.
How Purchase Order Processing Works Within Sage 200 Commercials
POP provides information on stock availability as soon as items are received into the warehouse. It allows users to access the complete history of an order, in addition to managing and setting up complex stock supply delivery methods to keep your business running smoothly. POP allows users to:
- Flag disputed invoices: Invoices that have been flagged as disputed will not be updated to the purchase ledger until the issues have been resolved.
- Create order lists for purchase orders: To save time, Sage 200 Commercials allows you to compile stock lists of what you should be ordering. It also facilitates multiple suppliers for single stock items, making it easy to place orders for items at the best cost price.
- Source goods worldwide: With many businesses now sourcing their stock from international suppliers, POP can be calibrated for use with hundreds of different currencies.
The Benefits of Advanced Stock Management in Sage 200 Commercials
The advanced stock management module allows users to have complete control over all aspects of inventory. This includes easy access to stock information, supplier details, batch numbers and serial tracking. It makes the following simple:
- Controlling/tracking stock: With a range of powerful reports, users can control all aspects of stock management across multiple locations and warehouses.
- Seamless supplier management: Within stock management, users can record key supplier information, including price change histories, purchase histories and average lead times for order processing.
- Improved customer satisfaction: Businesses can cut costs by shipping directly to customers. It is also possible within stock management to allocate stock to your most important customers as soon as deliveries are received. This helps businesses to maintain strong customer relationships with committed ring fenced stock.
Sage Commercials 200: How the Price Book Works
The price book allows users to manage price lists and bands. Once your stock items have been set up within Sage 200 Commercials, you can decide upon discounts offered to customers. When an invoice is raised, the price of the stock items are calculated from the purchase price. This makes stock pricing and discount enquiries as quick and easy as possible, whilst ensuring your organisation maintains healthy profit margins.
How does the invoicing module work within Sage Commercials 200?
The invoicing module allows users to keep all sales invoices in a centralised location. All invoices generated for sales orders are displayed within the invoicing module, allowing the user to easily view and send the invoice to the customer.
It is also possible to quickly generate invoices within the module for sales which do not require stock to be dispatched against them. These invoices can then be printed to your company invoice layout without the need to generate a sales order.
Sage Commercials 200 is a powerful and flexible accounting, stock management and supply chain tool for organisations of all sizes. Sales order processing and purchase order processing are at the heart of most businesses, and streamlining these processes inline with accurate inventory management gives businesses a truly competitive edge.
Why choose Eventura to help deliver your Sage 200 project?
With two decades of Sage deployments under our belt, we are experts in delivering robust Sage 200 solutions that are meticulously designed to suit your specific business needs. We take a full 360-degree view of your business, and help you identify all of your requirements.
Our team of expert business analysts, developers, consultants, technicians and support staff will guide you through your Sage 200 project from conception, through to deployment and ongoing support.
If you would like to speak with one of our Sage 200 experts, you can request a free call back here.