What is Sage 200 Standard?
Sage 200 Standard is one of two versions of Sage 200, a powerful Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. It’s a cloud-based, out-the-box ERP solution that will satisfy the financial and commercial needs of most businesses.
The software is designed for small to medium sized businesses, allowing them to increase their financial, commercial and stock management capabilities, in order to facilitate growth. Sage 200 Standard is often the natural progression for businesses using Sage 50 who are experiencing the growing pains associated with outgrowing software.
Sage 50 is designed for up to 50 users and 1.5 million transactions, whereas Sage 200 Standard is designed for up to 200 users and 9 million transactions, making it a smart choice for Sage 50 customers who need more processing power.
You can learn more about moving from Sage 50 to Sage 200 by reading our article Migrating from Sage 50 to Sage 200 – A Beginners Guide.
Sage 200 Standard’s counterpart, Sage 200 Professional is an on-premise or cloud-hosted ERP system, which has a range of additional modules available, catering for industry specific challenges. Unlike Sage 200 Standard, it is highly customisable through the addition of extra modules.
Although that could sound appealing when considering what version of Sage 200 to choose, the fact is that Sage 200 Standard might service all of your business requirements, without the need of building a tailored Sage 200 Professional solution.
If you’d like to take a more in-depth look at the differences between the versions of Sage 200, you can read our article Sage 200 – Standard Vs Professional Compared.
Will Sage 200 Standard work for my business?
The answer to this is the clue is in the name. Sage 200 Standard is designed to cater for standard business needs. This means the software will likely fit your business, providing you don’t have any unique or industry specific requirements. If you answer no to the following questions, Sage 200 Standard will likely fit your business;
- Do you need on-premise physical servers rather than a cloud-based solution?
- Do you need your ERP to integrate with other software or systems?
- Does your ERP need to deal with multiple currencies and taxes?
- Does your inventory management require batch/serial number traceability?
- Do you require Customer Relationship Management (CRM) functionality?
- Does your business need project accounting capabilities?
- Does your business need advanced business intelligence and reporting?
- Do you need a large number of analysis codes for advanced data analysis?
- Do you require 3rd party, industry specific add-ons like manufacturing/construction?
- Can you think of any unique requirements that differ to other businesses?
Why should I choose Sage 200 Standard?
Now things are a bit clearer with regards to what Sage 200 version you might need, we’ll take a look at some of the main benefits of Sage 200 Standard;
- An out-the-box ERP solution that can be implemented in as little as 30 days.*
- Cloud-based software allows access from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
- No need for costly and hard to maintain on-premise physical servers.
- Data is secured and backed up safely in the cloud.
- The software is maintained and updated by Sage, always on the latest version.
- Manageable monthly subscription cost based on number of users.
- Powerful accounting capabilities for your growing business.
- Real-time financial reports and dashboards for swift and strategic decision making.
- Set user role-based permissions and access levels based employee roles.
- Less internal IT resource required to maintain and update hardware and software.
- Increase employee productivity with less manual tasks and easy to use software.
How much does Sage 200 Standard cost?
Sage 200 Standard has a base unit price of £261.50* per month and includes financials and commercials and 3 desktop users, extra users cost £15.75* per user per month. Because Sage 200 Standard is offered as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), the manageable monthly cost can be attractive to small to medium sized businesses, and be far less than first anticipated.
For more detailed pricing and pricing examples, you can visit our Sage 200 Pricing page.
Implementing Sage 200 Standard will likely cut costs within your business by increasing efficiencies and allowing for growth. In our recent article – How Sage 200 ERP Can Increase Efficiencies, Cut Costs & Facilitate Growth, we take a look at the ways in which Sage 200 can catapult your business.
Can I try Sage 200 for free?
Yes you can! Sage offers a completely free 30 day trial, allowing you to explore the full range of features that Sage 200 Standard has to offer. The trial comes complete with demonstration data, meaning you can truly test out the features and functionality of the software.
You’ll need a Sage ID which you can get by setting up a free Sage Account. You’ll need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list for the email account you register with to make sure you receive emails relating to your trial.
Start Your Free Sage 200 Standard Trial
Why choose Eventura to implement Sage 200 Standard?
Eventura have delivered countless Sage 200 ERP projects over the years, and understand the importance of helping you identify all of your business requirements. Our expert team of business analysts, developers, consultants, technicians and support staff can guide you through your entire ERP project, from initial scoping through to implementation and on-going support.
We can implement Sage 200 Standard projects in as little as 30 days, with commitment from our customers crucial for a fast turn around. We pride ourselves on delivering projects on time and within budget, with the end result working for your business on every level.
During initial talks, we can help you identify which version of Sage 200 you require, and if that turns out to be Sage 200 Professional, we can help you build a bespoke solution that will meet all of your businesses additional needs.
If you would like to speak to one of our Sage 200 exports or request a demo, you can request a free call back here.