Sage 200 can be used to produce remittance advice documents for your suppliers. Remittances are produced as part of the Sage 200 Payment Payments Routine.
The Payment Processing Routine is found here:
Purchase Ledger > Period End Routines > Payment Processing
1. Set up your payment groups
Purchase Ledger > Utilities > Purchase Ledger Settings > Payment Groups Tab
2. Assign the groups to your supplier accounts
Purchase Ledger > Purchase Accounts > Amend Account Details > Payment Tab
3. Generate a suggested payments file
Purchase Ledger > Period End Routines > Payment Processing > Generate Suggested Payments
This lists the invoices due for payment for each supplier.
You can print a report from this file to identify the invoices suggested and the total amounts to be paid and the report can be filtered by the payments groups that you have set up.
4. Amend the invoices and payments detailed in the suggested payments file
Purchase Ledger > Period End Routines > Payment Processing > Amend Suggested Payments
This allows you choose which invoices and the amount to pay, for each supplier.
5. Process and post the final supplier payments
Depending on each supplier’s payment group, Sage 200 will:
- Reprint a remittance advice and/or cheque for each supplier.
- Generate a file of payment details for you to send to your bank via Sage e-Banking.
- Submit your supplier payments directly to Supplier Payments, for approval and payment.
- Post the payments to the supplier’s accounts and allocates the payments to the outstanding invoices.
If you found this guide about reprinting remittance advice in Sage 200 helpful and want to read more helpful guides, tips and FAQs you can visit our Sage Guides Page.
Why choose Eventura for your Sage implementation, support and training?
With two decades of Sage deployments under our belt, we are experts in delivering robust Sage 200 solutions that are meticulously designed to suit your specific business needs. We take a full 360-degree view of your business, help you identify all of your requirements and create a personalised Sage 200 demo that will help you understand what the software can do for your business.
We have particular expertise in helping industries such as manufacturing, construction and warehousing and distribution, where we have helped create bespoke solutions that tackle industry specific needs.
Our team of expert business analysts, developers, consultants, technicians and support staff will guide you through your Sage 200 project from conception, through to deployment and ongoing support.
If you would like to speak with one of our experts and arrange a free Sage 200 demo, you can request a free call back here.