Usability is an extremely important feature of any business operations management system, and NetSuite ERP really goes all out to provide the best possible experience for users. Not everyone is a technical wizard and software that requires extensive training just to be able to use is not going to simplify or streamline things for any organisation.
Moreover, when software is too technical and complex to use, employees become slower and their motivation suffers, all of which amounts to losses in productivity, efficiency and, ultimately, profitability.
This all comes down to user experience (UX) and NetSuite is designed with this in mind. They call it the Experience, and it involves empathy and communication from all teams and customers. The products, their designs and their interfaces are constantly evolving to inspire efficiency and productivity for the users, with the benefits being higher work quality, greater satisfaction for employees and customers, lower cost of ownership and training and, ultimately, increased sales.
Here’s what NetSuite does so well to make it a user-friendly platform.
NetSuite has a fully integrated document management system that facilitates the addition of reference documents to any record. Virtually every record type in the system has support for related document attachments, and access to these documents can be controlled using NetSuite’s own authentication system which, in itself, is very impressive, leveraging standard roles, pre-defined permissions and two-factor authentication.
Document management can be used to store (and centrally manage) additional attachments in NetSuite workflows. This includes things like web content, customisation scripts, email attachments from support cases, document templates and more.Key features include:
- Centrally manage multiple content types to keep collaboration between teams high.
- Automatically relate documents to records where they are needed.
- Automatic creation of hyperlinks with superb security.
- Support for multiple unstructured files types.
When in the field, working can be challenging enough without having to worry about expense logging, time documentation and trying to access systems to approve a purchase. NetSuite makes this much easier to do, no matter where you are.
With its mobile app, you can streamline call logging, expense reporting and time tracking in an optimised mobile interface. The app is available for Android and iOS with a number of capabilities designed specifically for mobile-first functionality. Key features include:
- Optimised for mobile with tasks and support for all roles.
- Instant access to records and searches, with KPIs available in the mobile dashboard.
- Logging of inbound/outbound calls.
- Management of time and expenses.
- Approvals directly within the app.
- Customise reports extensively as you go.
As previously mentioned, NetSuite’s authentication system is widely regarded as exceptional. Two-factor authentication, standard roles and pre-defined permissions make security simple. Many of the roles are a match for common staff positions and you can also assign standard roles to partners, vendors and consumers as required.Key features include:
- 128-bit SSL encryption for confident access to NetSuite from anywhere.
- Simple management of permissions and access to functionality and data for all relevant personnel.
- Advanced security deployed such as location-based IP restrictions.
- Ongoing enforcement of access with rules for password complexity and renewa.l
User Customised Dashboards
NetSuite gives users the ability to customise and reconfigure their dashboards based on the tasks and information they most commonly use. The dashboard features can be customised by users to put power well and truly in their hands. This amounts to happier workers with far less time wasted, fewer tasks missed and a generally higher level of engagement from the workforce. Key features include:
- A clear visual of specific business data that is fully customisable.
- Default dashboards based on roles to simplify the onboarding process for new employees.
- Exclusive technologies available to personalise tasks, share best practices, issue reminders and more.
- SuiteAnalytics makes hundreds of objects available with drag-and-drop functionality for personalisation.
- NetSuite authentication manages data access to users can innovate safely and securely.
- Industry-leading IT controls and auditability with comprehensive tracking and enforced guidelines on the scale of customisation available.
- Subscribed partner apps available via SuiteApps.
The focus of NetSuite is to make mission-critical business applications simple to use and more enjoyable. NetSuite’s user interface sets the standard for the industry, built on HTML5 and optimised for the role it plays in connecting with customers. The result is an experience that truly stands out from the crowd for modern business applications.
The NetSuite UI is simple to use and understand. This means users can focus more on job-specific workflow training, cutting down on the time that gets wasted trying to find their way around unintuitive ERP systems. Key features include:
- A minimalist, anchored navigation header that provides swift and simple access to tools.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop functionality and easy-to-use tools for hassle-free personalisation.
- Global Quick-Add provides users with the ability to quickly add events, tasks, contacts and more from any location within NetSuite.
- Use ‘progressive disclosure’ to cut down the visual clutter for a more streamlined, intuitive user experience.
- A dashboard personalisation panel to simplify the process of tailoring dashboards to your specific needs.
There can be no doubt that user-friendliness is an important feature of ERP and any other software that businesses use. There simply isn’t the time or money to keep training staff in complex technology and processes. Moreover, those types of processes decrease motivation and productivity, getting in the way of the efficiency gains and boosts to productivity and revenue that the software is supposed to bring.
NetSuite is developed and continually modified to deliver a superb UX in every conceivable way. Not only did Oracle take great care when developing every facet of the platform, but they also monitor and evaluate user feedback on a continuous basis to find opportunities to optimise and improve for users.
You can put your faith in NetSuite from the perspective of usability – your staff will be able to quickly and securely learn how to interact with the platform and find customisation opportunities to boost their productivity.
Why choose Eventura to deliver your NetSuite Project?
As an official NetSuite solution provider, we have successfully delivered countless NetSuite implementations and integrations. Our expert team of business analysts, developers, consultants, technicians and support staff can guide you through your entire project, from initial scoping through to implementation and on-going support.
We believe that NetSuite offers its customers a comprehensive suite of products that can digitally transform their businesses, replacing a range of disparate systems and softwares with one unified solution to business management.
If you would like to speak to one of our NetSuite experts, you can request a free call back here.