We may collect data about you, including personal information, when you use our website and interact with us in any way including face-to-face, via email, via phone. Personal information refers to any information that can be used to identify you as an individual, including: name, address, email address, contact number, marketing preferences and social media account information.
We collect personal information in a variety of ways. These include:
- Enquiries that you send to us, using the contact forms throughout the website
- Information such as your name, email address, telephone number, fax number and business address when you submit this information via one of our website contact forms, over the phone, in writing or in person.
- Your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails i.e. whether you open the emails, and the links in these emails that you click on
- Details of how you access and use the website i.e. which browser you used, using cookies.
The information that we collect can be viewed by authorised employees of Eventura and some information may be passed to a select few trusted third parties to:
- Respond to your enquiries.
- Process and fulfil orders.
- Provide you with information about Eventura and its services, using email alerts, where you have given implicit consent to do so.
- Provide customer service.
- Managing a job application.
- Improve the website by monitoring how you use it.
If you provide Eventura with a third party’s personal information, you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. This includes: forwarding marketing materials to friends, forwarding email alerts and sending job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe from communications at any time by emailing email@example.com
To improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of our website, Eventura automatically collect information in the form of cookies. Please refer to our cookie and other web technologies section for further information.
Third Party Processing
In instances where your information may have to be shared with one of our select third parties, we have assessed their data processing terms to ensure the sufficient security of your data. As part of our continual commitment to cyber security and protecting your data, we will enter into legally binding agreements relating to data processing with suppliers, where appropriate. This protects both data subjects and Eventura as a legal entity.
We may have to share your personal information in one of the following instances:
- To fulfil an order or respond to a request.
- So that our partners are able to contact you regarding your solutions and services
- In response to a request for information where we are legally obliged to do so.
- In an aggregated/ anonymised form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If you provide consent to sharing your personal data in any way for any other reason.
Our suppliers include but are not limited to:
Email Alert Preferences
We communicate with our customers and prospects regularly about a number of things. We give you the choice of what information you would like to hear from us and these preferences can be updated at any time by following the links at the bottom of the emails or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Of course, we have a contractual obligation to update you about things that may impact your service including the tickets that you log with us.
Email Third Party Processing
Where you have signed up to receive email alerts, your details may be shared with MailChimp.
MailChimp is outside of the EEA and stores your data on secure servers in the US. MailChimp is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. As an EEA business, we have an additional data processing agreement with MailChimp to ensure the safety of our customer data. When you sign up to our email alerts, you agree to your data being stored in this way.
As a data processor on behalf of Eventura (data controller), MailChimp will use your information to send you email alerts, where you have asked for them.
Should you exchange business cards with a member of the Eventura team, we may process this data that you provide. Often, legitimate interest will be our legal basis for processing as you have expressed interest in our products and services or having further contact with us.
Eventura take security very seriously and have completed the Cyber Essential Plus accreditation to highlight the security of Eventura processes and systems. We have a range of procedures and security features in place, to protect your data in accordance with this privacy statement. We also ensure that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorised access, use and disclosure. However, there is no such thing as 100% security therefore we cannot guarantee the safety of your data. As part of our ongoing commitment to cyber security, we have put in place a number of organisational and technical practices which will be reviewed. For more information about the security of your data, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Retention & Disclosure of Your Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain your personal information to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets and enforce our agreements.
We may need to pass your personal information on to third parties, where there is a legal obligation to do so. However, we will not share your information with any other organisations for them to use it for marketing, market research or other commercial purposes.
You can request from us details of what information we hold about you and ask us not to use this information at any time.
If you have signed up to email alerts, you can change your preferences or unsubscribe at any time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the links available in the bottom of the email alerts.
Like many other websites, Eventura use automatic data collection tools such as cookies. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website. Examples include your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website.
For details of how to update your choices in relation to these tools, please refer to our cookie and other web technologies policy.
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over any other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
At any point while we are in possession of, or, processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Eventura refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
We regularly review our policies, which includes this privacy statement. If any modifications are made to our privacy statement, we will post the revised version here, with an updated revision date. You agree to visit these pages on occasion to make yourself aware of any such revisions. By continuing to use our website, you accept and agree to the revisions and abide by them.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Eventura, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Eventura’s Data Protection Officer.
The details for each of these contacts are:
The Data Protection Officer, Eventura, St Georges House, Westhoughton, Lancashire, BL5 3DG. Telephone 0333 240 9945 or email email@example.com
The Information Commissioner’s Office (Supervisory Authority), https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/